With over 8 years of experience conceptualising and designing various print and digital media, as well as 5 years experience developing, building and maintaining complex websites. I have helped companies reach their goals in various industries such as advertising, media and financial sectors. When I am not building websites and learning new things, I am tinkering away with my 3d printer and make things. Using my strong background in design, I enjoy bringing creativity into the development process and I am always keen to learn more as well as share my knowledge along the way.
Basic React, Node, Express, Hugo
Familiar with tools like Git, Command Line, MongoDB
Adobe Creative Suite, Balsamiq wireframe mockups, UX and UI designing, Web Optimisation, Branding, Print and Digital design.
Education and Achievements
CTU Training Solutions | Graduated 2010
Graphic Design and Front-end Development
- The Web Developer Bootcamp | Colt Steele
- Modern React with Redux | Stephen Grider
Certificates and Qualifications
CompTIA Certified Classroom Trainer
Adobe Certified Instructor CS5
Adobe Certified Web Specialist CS5
Microsoft Certified Professional
NQF Level 4 Certified Graphic and Web Design Facilitator and Assessor
S&P Global Platts Values and Behaviours Award Winner Q2 2016
S&P Global Platts Values and Behaviours Award Winner Q4 2015
CTU Training Solutions Certificate of Excellence 2011
Situation Publishing (The Register)
Front-end Developer | December 2017 — Present
- As part of a global team, I maintain and develop new features for the companies websites
- Develop new user-facing features and maintain and optimise legacy features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use following best web standards
- Optimise existing code for best practise and performance and also ensuring scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders sharing and giving constructive feedback on ideas
S&P Global (Previously McGraw Hill Financial)
Front-end Developer & Graphic Designer | June 2015 — November 2017
- Develop and design of responsive HTML, CSS, & JS landing page templates, to be reused within in the companies CRM for a wide range of client facing marketing campaigns and build and development of HTML responsive lead generation pages.
- Develop and design of dynamic major account client resource web pages following companies style guides and updated branding. These pages had shared content that is automatically updated within the CRM and replicated on each page.
- Developing, designing and testing of HTML email templates using the latest technologies, making sure they look the same on all major email clients, for use in internal communications and client facing marketing campaigns.
- Design a wide range of marketing material from brochures, flyers, event signage and conference booths to web ads, internal process documents and guides.
Good Livin’ Publication
Graphic and Digital Designer | September 2012 — March 2015
- Work with marketers and clients to design print advertisements for publishing in a monthly magazine.
- Monthly magazine layout design and proof. Liaise with printers to schedule print and distribution.
- Design, develop and maintain client WordPress websites as well as companies website.
- Design all marketing material and signage and assist managing all marketing as hosts of an annual lifestyle conference.
CTU Training Solutions
Graphic Design and Web Developer Facilitator | January 2011 — August 2012
- Develop and create course content based on the curriculum provided by the Head of Department and approved by the Department of Education South Africa
- Give lectures and mark assessments against learning outcomes and unit standards.
- Coach, mentor and train students in further career development and progression.